Michael Yee Audio
Phonomena Battery Replacement...
NOVA PHONOMENA BATTERY REPLACEMENT KIT:
2 Nova Phonomena Battery Packs
6 velcro straps
1/16" allen wrench
You'll also need: 1 pair diagonal cutters
1) Unplug Nova Phonomena from wall
2) Use the 1/16" allen wrench to remove the twelve allen head screws that hold the lid in place; remove the lid.
3) Disconnect the batteries from the board, noting the direction of the red and black wires.
4) Remove the velcro battery pack straps to free the battery packs, noting the original position of the straps. Remove the old battery packs.
5) Place two new battery packs one atop the other and secure them with a velcro strap. Then place the two-pack in the chassis and secure using the two remaining straps. Be sure that the edge of the batteries with the wires emitting is closest to the connectors. Secure firmly, but do not overtighten.
7) Connect the batteries via the wire connectors to the board (location J7) with the wires facing towards the battery packs.
8) Replace the lid. Do not overtighten; reconnect the unit to the wall power transformer.
IMPORTANT NOTE: After installing your new batteries, give the unit an overnight charge before use. This will insure that the batteries are fully charged and the system will perform as expected.
DIAGRAM 1: Interior of the Nova Phonomena with lid removed.
DIAGRAM 2: The Nova Phonomena Battery Replacement Kit (2 Battery Packs, 1 1/16" allen wrench). Re-use the cable ties that originally came with the unit.
DIAGRAM 3: Configuration